Last night I made my (in)famous beer chicken and wanted to serve it with a quick side salad. I rummaged through my fridge and found some fennel hanging around. My initial plan was to grill up the fennel, but another quick rummage later, I found an old can of green lentils. So I thought I’d put them together to see if it’ll work in a salad and it was brilliant! Feel free to add some fresh herbs, I didn’t have any so I skipped them.
- 1 can green lentils (rinsed and drained)
- 2 fennel bulbs (chopped finely)
- 1 tomato (de-seeded and chopped finely)
- 1 small red onion (chopped finely)
- 1 clove garlic (peeled and chopped finely)
- 100g feta cheese (crumbled)
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon balsamic glaze
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
Mix all ingredients, taste to check seasoning. Serve either at room temperature or chilled. Enjoy!